I know the 30th isn't til tomorrow, but since I have been behind this whole month, I'm going to do this one a day early.
I am MOST thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I was raised in a Christian home. I went to church every Sunday, but most of the time refused to go to "kids church" and wanted to go to "big church". Much like churches now, they can get very "clique-y". That's how our church was. I never felt welcomed by my peers. I actually felt like they were looking at me like "what are you doing here"...which is odd...because I was there all the time and I was pretty young when I recall this happening...like elementary school?! Anyway, this kind of continued on and I always felt like I was judged by the "church kids". I never understood this. Even in high school I was constantly questioned and judged by people (literally, to my face). Strange thing is...I didn't do anything to deserve being treated like that.
Therefore, since I was young, I've made it my priority to treat others with respect and not judge them for things they did (or didn't) do.
I want to be like Jesus. I want to love like Jesus. I want to forgive like Jesus. I want to have child-like faith. Believe it or not, we're ALL sinners. Not one of us is better than the other. God's grace is incredible and I don't deserve it. I don't deserve to be forgiven for the time after time that I messed up and still continue to mess up. Fortunately, I am forgiven. Fortunately, I am protected. Fortunately, I am healed. Fortunately, He loves me anyway. Fortunately, He loves you anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment