Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Days 9,10,11,12

Turns out I don't want to spend my weekend on the computer! So let me catch up on my thankfulness!

Day 9 - I am thankful for Fridays. Basketball season is now in full swing, which means I rarely see my husband. He either has practice after work and doesn't get home until at least 7:30 (depending on when parents decide to pick up their kids) or he has practice at 5:45 in the morning (usually because we have something, like Campus Life, that night). These are such long days for both of us...but on Friday's we get to relax. Our plans almost every Friday night during basketball season are to do NOTHING. Literally nothing. Well, except this Friday. Oh well.

Day 10 - Don't tell Directv this, but I was actually thankful to not have a TV on Saturday. By the time they come to fix it, our Directv will have been out for a WEEK. Which means no cartoons for the kids, no Dan Patrick show for me, and no football all weekend. It's been kinda nice to have the quiet, but I did miss my house full of people. Saturday, it was great to be able to go to the park as a family and spend some time together. I love that we've been having a few nice days (especially on the weekends) this fall to be able to take Josiah to the park. Since he wasn't walking this summer, he didn't get to fully enjoy all the climbing and running around. Unfortunately, it was 70 degrees yesterday and now it's snowing. This is Indiana.

Day 11 - I am SO VERY thankful for our Veterans and those who are still serving today. Thanks to all of you who keep us safe and free. Especially to all the families who have to be separated, my heart goes out to you. I have a hard time just waiting until 7:30 at night to see my husband, I can't imagine what it's like to have to wait months. Every single picture of families being reunited just make my heart melt.

Day 12 - I am thankful for all of those who donate their time and money to Youth for Christ. Tonight is our fundraising banquet. In this economy it is so difficult to ask people for money to support you. Ryan has to raise his salary for YFC and that's not an easy thing to do. Thank you to all of you who give to support this wonderful ministry and to all other ministries that you might give. Even if you aren't able to contribute financially, your prayers and time volunteering are just as beneficial to touching these kids' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment