Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Be the change

I've noticed lately how different my conversations with friends have changed. Over the years it has gone a little something like this:
Middle school: Boys
High school: Boys
College: Still boys, just a little more seriously and about the same one
First 2 years out of college: Marrying the boys
From then on: Starting families with the boys.

A certain topic always seems to come up when people are thinking about having kids. I usually hear something along the lines of "I just can't imagine bringing a child into this awful world we live in."

Very valid point. When I think about how so much has changed and the innocence of a child has pretty much been completely taken away as early as elementary school, it terrifies me.

However, our children are our future. This world needs kids that are here on purpose for a purpose. (I'm not saying "oops" babies are bad babies and they don't have a purpose, believe me. Josiah is an "oops" baby. He has a wonderful purpose.) I'm saying that loving, devoted, caring people should not be afraid to bring a child into this world...this world needs more children from those families!

We need children who are raised to:

Love God & Love People
Build people up, not tear people down
Serve others, not expect to be served
Gain respect, not demand it

Ryan and I intend to raise our children that way. We are going to mess up. Our children are going to mess up. We are all sinners. We are also loved unconditionally and shown grace and forgiveness every single day by our amazing God. We are not afraid.

1 comment: