After a little hiatus I'm back! I got in a slump where one of 2 things would happen:
1) I would think "oh that would be a good blog post" and think it all up...then never have a second to write it
Or 2) Have a second to write something and think "I have absolutely nothing to offer"
Well, I may not have much to offer but I do have a second to write! Thanks to the Blogger app on my phone I can write this and play with the munchkin at the same time. (I may lose my train of thought due to needing to get a rebound or trying to encourage him to take more than 5 steps).
Here's my 2 cents for today:
I deep sanitize the toys once a week. With all this illness going around, the germaphobe in me comes shining through.
Step by step:
1) Wait for kiddos to be asleep so they don't see you taking away their precious toys
2) Everything that is plush (stuffed animals, plush footballs basketballs, stroller toys, etc) go in one bin to be put in the washer. Wash in the delicate cycle with an extra rinse cycle. These toys go in their mouths so you want to make sure there is no detergent residue lingering.
3) Everything that is hard plastic goes into another bin.
4) Fill the bin (or bath tub) of plastic toys with enough water to cover all the toys. Splash in some bleach. I don't measure and it would depend on the size of your tub to know how much to say. I put in enough to sanitize but not fade the toys.
5) Let it sit for at least an hour. I let mine sit for a couple because I sit it outside and forget about it. I sit it outside in case he wakes up and I forget that it's there. (Notice being forgetful is one of my flaws in this system) If you have a lot of toys that float, like we do, give the tub a stir about half way through to make sure all toys are covered
6) Drain the water
7) Lay toys out on a towel to AIR DRY, do not towel dry.
Tada! Clean toys!


No comments:
Post a Comment