Since I started babysitting the 2 wonderful boys, my workout habits have been almost non existant. I can't get myself in a good routine of when would be a good time to work out. I also can't really run outside in this cold weather because I just can't do that to Josiah. I think the chilly weather sounds amazing for running, but bundling him up and trying to prevent the cold air from blasting him in the face sounds not-so-amazing.
I did something terrible, I looked at my phone to see the last time I logged in a run......27 DAYS AGO! Are you KIDDING me? Ugh that sucks.
Thursday I decided to give in. Fine. I'll re-join the gym. That
In a nut shell, it would cost me more than the last time I was a member there (they were bought out). The hours of the kids club are the opposite of what I had in mind for my new workout schedule. I planned on going around 3:00 after the kids get picked up so that I could be home when Ryan gets home from work. Well they're closed from 1-4. As soon as I heard that part I left and said forget it.
Friday I decided to just go for it. I could make it work. There's another location that's about 10 minutes away (which is just as far as I usually drive to go to the greenway to run) that has better kids club hours if I ever really needed to go earlier.
I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and it felt like nothing. It's crazy how different a treadmill is than outside. I've despised treadmills because if I ever want to give up, I can just step off and go sit down. If I'm outside, I have to get home. I'm just not giving myself the option of stepping off.
Yesterday I went in around 12:30 and dropped off Josiah (much to his dismay) and not too long into my run the Kids Club girl came over and said "um...you know the kids club closes at 1:00 right?" Yikes. It was 1:00. For some reason I assumed those hours wouldn't be the same on a Saturday?
When we got in the car I noticed it was actually 55 out. Much better than the 40's. So I came home (the gym is only about a half mile from our house), bundled up Josiah, and headed out to the neighborhood closest to our house to finish out my last mile.
It was terrible. I had dressed to be indoors, so it was pretty chilly, plus it started sprinkling. Plus I had just ran 2 miles without pushing a stroller, then had to push a 20some pound baby.
The point of this post isn't to whine about how nothing is working out (pun intended) for me lately. It's more to bring motivation to anyone who keeps having to jump through loopholes and obstacles that get in the way of being healthy. I was using excuses for the past almost 4 weeks of why I couldn't go run. I still had plenty of workouts in there, but I still have this crazy desire to run.
I'm done with excuses and I hope you are too!
No comments:
Post a Comment