One of those jobs, my full time job as a daycare teacher to infants (ages 6 weeks to about 9 months, plus covering the 1 year old room on occasion), did bring an even brighter light to what I am crazy passionate about....kids. I've always loved kids and always took the "mom" or "teacher" role growing up.
I knew on my first day that this is exactly where God wanted me to be. I am NOT a morning person, but I never once struggled or had to drag myself to work at 6:30 in the morning. Yes, I had my fare share of 6:32-6:45 clock-ins because I'm not so good at hearing the screaming alarm clock next to my head (just ask anyone that was in guard with me, YIKES!). But they were never once because I was lolly-gagging around because I didn't want to go to work. I couldn't wait for that first baby to arrive in the morning, and I hated leaving their cute little faces. I didn't get frustrated when they cried, spit out their food, spit up on my clothes, or heaven for bid...peed on me.
I got myself way too (not possible) attached to some of these babies and their parents. I learned how every single family does things differently, but that doesn't make any of them right or wrong. Different bottles, different schedules, different methods, different everything. At that point, I had never had a baby, so I wasn't set in any certain way like almost every other teacher was. I talked to the parents, got to know them, got to know their child and went with whatever they wanted, not what was convenient for me.
Although I was so happy to be starting a new chapter of my life with Ryan, we decided together that I would be the one to make the move. So I had to leave my jobs (I had already left one in April) and start the job search all over. I was so sad to leave the babies, but hoped I would be able to find a job here in the field that I was hoping to work in (sports).
In the first couple months of being married, a whole lot of nothing happened in my job search. But come November, I finally landed something (again, doing something I knew nothing about and not even remotely close to what I had planned for myself). God had a different plan, and boy-oh-boy is that an understatement. On December 8, 2010, I got the results from my 5th pregnancy test...POSITIVE. Yes, pregnant. Not even 3 solid months of being married.
9 months of being a coaches wife, working a full time job, being a Campus Life directors wife, and still struggling with leaving my family and friends was quite exhausting. On August 31, 2011 (7 days PAST my due date, that little booger), Josiah Ryan finally graced us with his presence. Being pregnant and having babies at the same time as a couple friends only clarified how different parenting is from one person to another, even one child to another.
During my maternity leave I decided to stay home and not go back to my job. That's when God really showed me that is right where I'm supposed to be. He's been opening and closing doors all over the place, and I just do my best to follow the map.
I started a more personal blog with updates for my family on what the Miller's are up to, but after being addicted to Pinterest and reading other blogs, I decided to start a more general blog of my own. Our personal blog requires you to be invited to read it (I don't like the idea of creepers reading about every personal thing in my life), but this one will be open. Clearly after telling you how I got to this point, it's not going to be totally impersonal. This is really just a place where you can see what things work for our family, what things haven't worked, how we manage our time, and have a place to find comfort that not everything has to be perfect and by the book. The only book we want to revolve our life around is the Holy Bible.
So welcome to the place where the "newlywed" Miller's meets mother and fatherhood...Millerhood:)
No comments:
Post a Comment